I did it! I completed my challenge for 2018, 52 in 52. This was to create a weekly mixed media art page-outside of my comfort zone, based on some random prompts generated.
This turned into a truechallenge. Many weeks I ran out of time, realizing my gung ho attitude on Monday had dwindled toward the end of the week. I ran out of time on most. Sometimes the prompt wouldn’t trip my trigger of creativity.
I’m not much of an artist. This was a fun exercise to use some materials not very familiar to me and “get out of the comfort zone”.
My 2019 challenge will go in a different direction, far more physical than cerebral. Below, please find completely out of order, my creations for 2018 52 in 52 Challenge.
My only big fail “Dream Fire Tower”. I’ll have to do this and redeem myself.
Barns is my art journal prompt for this week. I was searching my computer for a barn picture when I realized how many barn photos I have! Today’s post will mainly be a photo compilation of barns I’ve run by over the years!
The barn above no longer exists. I’m glad I took a pic of it!
The metal barn behind the daffodil is one of my barns.
View above is from our wooden horse barn from years ago. This view has really changed over the years.
I almost didn’t spot this barn in the woods around me.
A bucolic Ohio summer
Mr Cow was very curious what I was doing on his backroad
The barn of many colors
Barn on a very rainy day.
Barn on the next road over.
It’s amazing how a coat of paint spruces up a barn!
Now I have noticed how many bridges photos I have..that might be coming soon…
This is the reveal of my Project Love, restoration of my favorite Christmas ornaments, clothespin ornaments from the 70’s!
The Lumberjack He’s Okay Now
The Three Wise Men
After the two wise men went shopping
The three wise men are now all bearing gifts!
The Drummer has arms!
Robin Hood got a snazzy new bow
The golfer is reunited with his club
New Faces and Occupations
Introducing Doctor Smyth-a female doctor. That is her large laptop that she is carrying.
The medical staff
I made a homemade Rastafarian nut cracker years ago. I decided I needed a Rasta to join my Christmas group.
I decided to create a biker. I had to handcraft the bike. This was no easy task. It’s not the greatest, but hey, she got a custom bike!
Hula Girl Revised
Hula Girl was in good shape, there was no restoration needed for her. I decided to craft her a fish. While she may be wearing traditional hula wear, she’s also working on her doctoral degree in ichthyology (fish science) hence the fish.
Aren’t these cool? It was a bit more time consuming than I thought, but everyone has been repaired. It’s going to be a special Christmas tree this year with my clothespin Christmas ornaments!
I got a great gift a few years ago. My mother gave me the clothespin Christmas ornaments that she crafted in the seventies.
I loved these ornaments! I would play with them, on the tree, under the tree. I would make up stories of their adventures. I only saw them this one month a year, they turned into special playmates for me.
You Can tell it was the Seventies
There are three females. A nurse, a hula girl, and Mrs Claus.
The doctor is male and the nurse is female. Of course!
Many arms were missing off the Christmas group. Some of the little extras that the people carried were long gone too. I remember the three Wise Men bearing presents. Today? Only one has survived with his gift.
I decided it was time for Project Love. I would give Mrs Claus and the Clown arms back again-indeed ARMS for everyone!
I crafted my arms out of cardboard, instead of the original pressed board that came in the kit.
I decided to update the group diversity. I added a female doctor, a Rastafarian, and a biker girl.
In crafting the new people, it only seemed fair to give everyone a refresh. Give the golfer his club back.
Make the lumberjack an axe to handle.
This has turned into a full blown crafting affair.
Biker girl is getting a custom made bike. I found these rubber seals in a plastic bag in the basement. I have no idea what they go to. They’ve been refurbished as big fat tires for the bike. The spokes are embroidery floss tacked on with Mod Podge. They are currently drying. I have no idea if these will work.
This was going to be a repair and reveal post, but I am enjoying the restoration so much I want to take “before” and “after” pictures of everybody, and reveal the new members of Project Love. That will be my next post!